PowerNomics : The National Plan to Empower Black America
PowerNomics : The National Plan to Empower Black
PowerNomics: The National Plan to Empower Black America is a five-year plan to make Black America a prosperous and empowered race that is self-sufficient and competitive as a group by the year 2005. In this book, Dr. Anderson obliterates the myths and illusions of black progress and brings together data and information from many different sources to construct a framework for solutions to the dilemma of Black America. In PowerNomics: The National Plan, Dr. Anderson proposes new principles, strategies and concepts that show blacks a new way to see, think, and behave in race matters. The new mind set prepares blacks to take strategic steps to create a new reality for their race. It offers guidance to others who support blacks self-sufficiency. In this book, Dr. Anderson offers insightful analysis and action steps blacks can take to redesign core areas of life - Education, Economics, Politics and Religion - to better benefit their race. The action steps in each area require new empowerment tools that Dr. Anderson presents - a new group vision and a new culture of empowerment - tools designed to counter, if not break many of the racial monopolies in society. Vertical integration and Industrializing black communities are other major concepts and strategies that he presents in the book....
- ASIN: 0966170229
50 States, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do
50 States, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When
This richly illustrated book from the travel experts at National Geographic showcases the best travel experiences in every state, from the obvious to the unexpected. Sites include national parks, beaches, hotels, Civil War battlefields, dude ranches, out-of-the-way museums, and more. You'll discover the world's longest yard sale in Tennessee, swamp tours in Louisiana, dinosaur trails in Colorado, America's oldest street in NYC, and the best spot to watch for sea otters on the central California coast. Each entry provides detailed travel information as well as fascinating facts about each state that will help fuel your wanderlust and ensure the best vacation possible. In addition to 50 states in the U.S., the book includes a section on the Canadian provinces and territories.
- Brand: National Geographic
- ASIN: 1426216904
Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks (National Geographic
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic MapIn Sequioa and Kings Canyon National Parks you can walk among the world's largest trees, hike the alpine landscape of the Sierra Crest, and marvel at the towering granite cliffs of one of the deepest canyons in the United States. National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks provides unmatched detail of these parks, meeting the needs of amateur and experienced outdoor enthusiasts alike. Created in partnership with local land management agencies, this expertly researched map features key areas of interest including Sequoia Grove; Giant Sequoia National Monument; John Muir, Golden Trout, Jennie Lakes and Monarch Wilderness Areas; John Muir Trail; Pacific Crest Trail; and Mt. Whitney, the highest peak in the contiguous United States. With miles of mapped trails in some of the most breathtaking scenery in the entire country, this map can guide you off the beaten path and back again. In addition to detailed and easy-to-read trails, this map includes an accurate road network, campgrounds, scenic overlooks and points of interests, visitor centers and facilities, plus park regulations, backcountry use areas, and contact information for local agencies. The map base includes contour lines and ele...
- Color: CA
- Brand: National Geographic
- ASIN: 1566952980
- UPC: 749717012059
The Power of Zero, Revised and Updated: How to Get to the 0% Tax Bracket and Transform Your Retirement
The Power of Zero, Revised and Updated: How
OVER 180,000 COPIES IN PRINT, WITH A NEW CHAPTER ON THE 2018 TAX CUTS.There's a massive freight train bearing down on the average American investor, and it's coming in the form of higher taxes. The United States Government has made trillions of dollars in unfunded promises for programs like Social Security and Medicare--and the only way to deliver on these promises is to raise taxes. Some experts have even suggested that tax rates will need to double, just to keep our country solvent. Unfortunately, if you're like most Americans, you've saved the majority of your retirement assets in tax-deferred vehicles like 401(k)s and IRAs. If tax rates go up, how much of your hard-earned money will you really get to keep? In THE POWER OF ZERO, McKnight provides a concise, step-by-step roadmap on how to get to the 0% tax bracket by the time you retire, effectively eliminating tax rate risk from your retirement picture. Now, in this expanded edition, McKnight has updated the book with a new chapter on the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, showing readers how to navigate the new tax law in its first year of being in effect, and how they can extend the life of their retirement savings by taking advantage of it now. The day of reckoning is fast approaching. Are you ready to do what it takes to experien...
- ASIN: 1984823078
National Audubon Society Regional Guide to the Southeastern States: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, ... (National Audubon Society Field Guides)
National Audubon Society Regional Guide to the Southeastern
The most comprehensive field guide available to the American Southeast--a portable, essential companion for visitors and residents alike--from the go-to reference source for over 18 million nature lovers.This compact volume contains:An easy-to-use field guide for identifying 1,000 of the state's wildflowers, trees, mushrooms, mosses, fishes, amphibians, reptiles, birds, butterflies, mammals, and much more;A complete overview of the southeastern region's natural history, covering geology, wildlife habitats, ecology, fossils, rocks and minerals, clouds and weather patterns, and the night sky;An extensive sampling of the area's best parks, preserves, hiking trails, forests, and wildlife sanctuaries, with detailed descriptions and visitor information for 50 sites and notes on dozens of others.The guide is packed with visual information -- the 1,500 full-color images include more than 1,300 photographs, 13 maps, and 16 night-sky charts, as well as more than 100 drawings explaining everything from geological processes to the basic features of different plants and animals. For everyone who lives or spends time in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, or Tennessee, there can be no finer guide to the area's natural surroundings th...
- Color: Black
- Brand: Random House
- ASIN: 0679446834
Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors, and the Drug Company that Addicted America
United Kingdom (National Geographic Adventure Map)
United Kingdom (National Geographic Adventure
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel MapNational Geographic's United Kingdom Adventure Map is designed to meet the needs of adventure travelers with its detailed, accurate information and user-friendly design. Cities and towns are easy to find with the map's helpful index. Motorways, highways, and other roads are clearly designated and include distance in kilometers so travelers can easily plan their best route. With specialty content to include hundreds of diverse and unique recreational, ecological, cultural, and historical destinations, this map is a perfect companion to a guidebook.The south side of this map covers the southern portion of the UK, from the tip of France and across the Isle of Man to Northern Ireland. The north side shows Belfast, and across the Channel to Edinburgh, the Outer Hebrides, the Orkney Islands, and the Shetland Islands.The United Kingdom is comprised of the island of Great Britain which includes England, Wales, and Scotland; surrounding islands including the Outer Hebrides, Orkney Islands, and Shetland Islands; and Northern Ireland. No part of the UK is more than 75 miles from the sea, but the geography is diverse. England consists of mostly lowland terrain with mountainous regions found in the north and in Wales. Scotland is divided into tw...
- ASIN: 1566956447
- UPC: 749717001589
Denali National Park and Preserve (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
Denali National Park and Preserve (National Geographic Trails
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic MapDenali National Park and Preserve covers a staggering six million acres of truly wild and pristine wilderness, bisected by a single road. The crown jewel of the park is the towering 20,320 foot Mount McKinley, North America's tallest peak. Expertly researched and created in partnership with local land management agencies, National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Denali National Park provides an unparalleled tool for exploring this remarkable region. Key areas of interest featured on this map include Denali State Park; Kroto, Moose Creek, and Lake Creek recreation rivers; Lake Minchumina; and the Kantishna Mining District. The print version of the map includes a detailed inset of the park entrance and headquarters.If you wish to camp in the park, a chart of campground information that includes the distance from the entrance, number and type of spaces, facilities, access, and contact information for making your reservations will help you plan your stay. Private vehicle travel in the park is limited, but this map's coverage of the shuttle bus system will ensure you have the knowledge you need to access the entire park. Helpful information about regulations, avoiding close encounters with bears, hiking in the Kantishna Minin...
- Color: AK
- Brand: National Geographic Maps
- ASIN: 1566953286
- UPC: 749717010000
One of the U.S. government's leading China experts reveals the hidden strategy fueling that country's rise – and how Americans have been seduced into helping China overtake us as the world's leading superpower.For more than forty years, the United States has played an indispensable role helping the Chinese government build a booming economy, develop its scientific and military capabilities, and take its place on the world stage, in the belief that China's rise will bring us cooperation, diplomacy, and free trade. But what if the "China Dream" is to replace us, just as America replaced the British Empire, without firing a shot?Based on interviews with Chinese defectors and newly declassified, previously undisclosed national security documents, The Hundred-Year Marathon reveals China's secret strategy to supplant the United States as the world's dominant power, and to do so by 2049, the one-hundredth anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic. Michael Pillsbury, a fluent Mandarin speaker who has served in senior national security positions in the U.S. government since the days of Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger, draws on his decades of contact with the "hawks" in China's military and intelligence agencies and translates their documents, speeches, and books to show how...
- Brand: Saint Martin s Press Inc
- ASIN: 1250081343
The Process of Financial Planning: Developing a Financial Plan, 2nd Edition (National Underwriter Academic)
The Process of Financial Planning: Developing a Financial
The Process of Financial Planning: Developing a Financial Plan, Second Edition, builds on four cornerstones: the profession, fundamental tools, the systematic financial planning process, and the plan as a product of financial planning. This edition of the text integrates these cornerstones into a sound educational approach that has been refined to meet the needs of students learning both the process of financial planning and the tasks associated with writing and communicating a plan to clients.
- Brand: Brand: National Underwriter Company
- ASIN: 1936362988
New Zealand (National Geographic Adventure Map)
New Zealand (National Geographic Adventure
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel MapNational Geographic's New Zealand Adventure Map is an expertly researched, comprehensive map, designed to meet the needs of adventure travelers. With accurate and detailed information of the area, the map pinpoints hundreds of diverse and unique recreational, ecological, cultural, and historic destinations, including many lesser known ones. This information is not available in traditional road maps, such as areas for camping, surfing, skiing, playing golf and fishing, as well as airports and airfields, harbors, beaches, waterfalls and hot springs. In addition to this special content, the map also includes an index with the locations of cities and towns and a clearly marked road network complete with distances and designations for for roads and highways, as well as secondary routes for those seeking to travel off the beaten path. The map covers the North and South Islands, Stewart Island and inset maps show many of the numerous outlying islands, including Chatham, Campbell, Antipodes, Kermadec and Auckland Islands. The North Island map includes Auckland, Bay of Islands, The Coromandel and Waitomo Caves, while the South Island map includes such popular destinations as Mount Cook National Park and the Southern Alps, Milford Sound, Abel...
- Brand: National Geographic Maps
- ASIN: 1566955491
- UPC: 749717035003
National Geographic The Civil War: A Traveler's Guide (National Geographic Blue & Gray Education Society)
National Geographic The Civil War: A Traveler's Guide
Perfect for tour planning and on-the-ground use, this guide will prove indispensable on any expedition to explore Civil War history in America. Packed with color photographs, more than 600 historic battlefield and additional Civil War related sites, walking tours, 50 detailed maps, and the collective expertise of Civil War historians and dozens of park service experts, this handy, practical guide offers comprehensive information on the more than 384 sites recognized by the National Park Service as official battlefield locations, including the main Battlefield Sites, from Manassas to Appomattox Court House. In addition, this guide steers travelers to scores of additional little-seen and off-the-beaten path sites near the main battlefields. This guide helps travelers experience the Civil War chronologically, by location, or by campaign, experiencing the battles and skirmishes as the soldiers themselves would have encountered them: Follow Lee's march to Gettysburg or drive the Secession Trail through South Carolina. Walking tours provide visitors with detailed instructions, short histories, and a map so they can get out of the car and explore on foot. A history of individual parks is included, as well as books for further reading about specific figures or battles. A list of all of t...
- ASIN: 1426214898
2019 Rand McNally Large Scale Road Atlas
2019 Rand McNally Large Scale Road
Give road-weary eyes a break with this spiral-bound Large Scale edition featuring all the accuracy you've come to expect from Rand McNally, only bigger. Updated atlas contains maps of every U.S. state that are 35% larger than the standard atlas version plus over 350 detailed city inset and national park maps and a comprehensive, unabridged index. Road construction and conditions contact information for every state conveniently located on map pages. Contains mileage chart showing distances between 77 North American cities and national parks with driving times map. Tough spiral binding allows the book to lay open easily.Other FeaturesRand McNally presents five of our favorite national parks big and small, east and west that showcase this country's astonishing beauty, highlight essential visitor information, and offer insightful travel tips. Tell Rand! As much as we work to keep our atlases up to date, conditions change quickly and new construction projects begin frequently. If you know of something we haven't captured in our atlas, let us know at randmcnally.com/tellrand.Tourism websites and phone numbers for every U.S. state and Canadian province on map pagesProduct DetailsISBN: 05280019635EAN: 9780528019630UPC: 070609019635SRP: $19.95PaperbackSpiral Binding264 pages Dimensions: 1...
- Brand: Rand McNally
- ASIN: 0528019635
Accounting Ledger: Simple Cash Book Accounts Bookkeeping Journal for Small Business | Log, Track, & Record Expenses & Income
Accounting Ledger: Simple Cash Book Accounts Bookkeeping Journal
Stay in control of finances with this simple cash accounting ledger. Perfect for small businesses to keep track of income & expenses throughout the tax year. Spacious 8.5"x11" pages allow plenty of room to record entries under the headings of Date, Description, Income, Expenses, and Total. Easily record incomings & outgoings as they happen so you always know where you stand financially at any point in the year. This versatile accounting book will suit most types of small business. Can be used alone or in conjunction with digital accounting systems for recording income & expenses to add to your digital system later.Quick & easy to add entries.Versatile - adaptable to many types of small business.Large 8.5"x11" size for plenty of writing space.Perfect bound.Durable soft cover.Thick 90 gsm white paperstock.Simple dark grey & black Cover.
- ASIN: 1730743676
Mexico (National Geographic Adventure Map)
Mexico (National Geographic Adventure
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel MapWith its rich cultural history, numerous ecosystems and vast biodiversity, Mexico is one of the most visited countries in the world. National Geographic's Mexico Adventure Map was created for adventure travelers with its unparalleled detailed and convenience. The north side of the map includes Tijuana and the Baja California peninsula, the Gulf of California and nearby parts of the U.S. with such cities of as El Paso, San Antonio and Dallas. The map's south side shows Mexico City, Acapulco, Guadalajara, Monterrey and the neighboring countries of Belize and Guatemala as well as the western half of Honduras.A user-friendly index of states, cities and towns will help you quickly locate your destination. The clearly mapped road network, complete with distance markers and designations for limited access, toll and divided highways as well as secondary and other smaller roads, will help you plan your route. In addition to the content of traditional road maps, also displayed are hundreds of cultural, ecological, historical and recreational points of interest, including many that are outside of major tourist hubs. Some of these pinpointed places are national parks, nature reserves, monuments, fortresses, archeological sites, caves and UNESCO...
- Brand: Universal Map
- ASIN: 1566955270
- UPC: 749717000469
India (National Geographic Adventure Map)
India (National Geographic Adventure
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel MapNational Geographic's Adventure Map of India is an invaluable tool for travelers seeking to explore the rich history, vibrant cultures, and exotic landscapes of this remarkable country. Designed to meet the needs of adventure travelers with its detailed, accurate information, this map includes the location of cities and towns with a user-friendly index and a clearly marked road network complete with distances and designations for roads/highways, plus secondary routes for those seeking to explore off the beaten path. Hundreds of points of interest and diverse and unique destinations are highlighted including World Heritage sites, archeological sites, Hindu and Buddhist temples, beaches, and more. Important travel aids like airports, airfields, rail lines, and ferry routes are included as well.The front side of the print map covers India's southern half, from the Vindhya Range extending south to the city of Trivandrum. The map also includes the island of Sri Lanka and an inset map of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands in the Bay of Bengal. The reverse side of the map features the northern half of the country, spanning its borders with Pakistan, China, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar (Burma) and Bangladesh. Every Adventure Map is printed on durabl...
- ASIN: 1566955963
- UPC: 749717000247
This Fight Is Our Fight: The Battle to Save America's Middle Class
This Fight Is Our Fight: The Battle to
#1 New York Times bestsellerThe fiery U.S. Senator from Massachusetts and bestselling author offers a passionate, inspiring book about why our middle class is under siege and how we can win the fight to save itSenator Elizabeth Warren has long been an outspoken champion of America’s middle class, and by the time the people of Massachusetts elected her in 2012, she had become one of the country’s leading progressive voices. Now, at a perilous moment for our nation, she has written a book that is at once an illuminating account of how we built the strongest middle class in history, a scathing indictment of those who have spent the past thirty-five years undermining working families, and a rousing call to action. Warren grew up in Oklahoma, and she’s never forgotten how difficult it was for her mother and father to hold on at the ragged edge of the middle class. An educational system that offered opportunities for all made it possible for her to achieve her dream of going to college, becoming a teacher, and, later, attending law school. But now, for many, these kinds of opportunities are gone, and a government that once looked out for working families is instead captive to the rich and powerful. Seventy-five years ago, President Franklin Roosevelt and his New Deal ushered in a...
- Brand: METROPOLITAN
- ASIN: 1250120616
Teacher Record Book
Keep track of everything from attendance to test scores. This book features plenty of room for writing as well as perforated pages that allow one list of student names to be used across several pages of records. 8-1/2" x 11"
- Color: Chalkboard
- Brand: Teacher Created Resources
- ASIN: 157690119X
- UPC: 021112127782
Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area (National Geographic Trails Illustrated Map)
Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area (National Geographic
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic MapThe magnificent Multnomah Falls is just one of many natural, cultural, and recreational attractions in the Columbia River Gorge Scenic Area. The 80-mile-long gorge contains diverse ecosystems ranging from the lush Oneonta Gorge Rain Forest to the arid Celilo Grasslands. Expertly researched and created in partnership with local land management agencies, National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of Columbia River Gorge provides an unparalleled tool for exploring this breathtaking region. Some of the key areas of interest featured on the map include the White Salmon, Klickitat, Sandy, and Lower Deschutes rivers; Yacolt Burn State Forest; Maryhill, Columbia Hills, and Rooster Rock state parks; Mark O. Hatfield Wilderness; and portions of Mount Hood and Gifford-Pinchot national forests. With miles of clearly marked trails including the Pacific Crest National Trail and the Oregon National Historic Trail, and such scenic roadways as the Historic Columbia River Highway and Yakima Scenic Byway, this map will prove invaluable whether you're taking in the scenery on foot or by car. A helpful list of waterfalls makes it easy to take in these natural wonders in your travels. Many recreation features are noted as well, including campgroun...
- Color: Oregon/Washington
- Brand: Universal Map
- ASIN: 1566954738
- UPC: 749717008212
National Geographic Kids In My Backyard Sticker Activity Book: Over 1,000 Stickers! (NG Sticker Activity Books)
National Geographic Kids In My Backyard Sticker Activity
An exciting interactive title chock-full of cool things from your own backyard, such as butterflies, hummingbirds, deer, bugs, amphibians, and even tree houses, brings National Geographic Kids signature content to a sticker and activity book format. Packed with mazes, spelling and pattern games, drawing activities, and more, kids are sure to love these pages loaded with fun.
- Brand: National Geographic Society
- ASIN: 1426324030
Four Corners [Trail of the Ancients] (National Geographic Destination Map)
Four Corners [Trail of the Ancients] (National Geographic
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel MapNational Geographic's Four Corners Region DestinationMap strikes the perfect balance between map and guidebook and is ideal for a wide range of travelers. The Four Corners Region is the only place in the United States where four states intersect at one point: Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Utah.The map guide seeks to contribute to the economic health of communities in the Four Corners Region by promoting geotourism: tourism that sustains or enhances the geographical character of a place — its environment, culture, aesthetics, heritage and the well-being of its residents.The front side of the Four Corners Destination Map reveals a map of the region spanning from Dixie National Forest in southeastern Utah; to Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve and San Isabel National Forest in southwestern Colorado; to Santa Fe National Forest and Cibola National Forest in northwestern New Mexico; to Coconino National Forest in northeastern Arizona. At the center of the map is the Four Corners Monument, where visitors can stand on the only spot in the United States where four states meet. The map also includes a detailed road network and areas of interest such as Indian Reservations and National Parks, Forests, Monuments and Recreation A...
- Brand: National Geographic Maps
- ASIN: 1597754501
- UPC: 749717103252
France (National Geographic Adventure Map)
France (National Geographic Adventure
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Travel MapWith some of the world's most renowned museums, the French Riviera and Alps, picturesque rural areas and the iconic Eiffel Tower, France is the world's most popular tourist destination. Designed for all global adventurers, National Geographic's France Adventure Map is an invaluable tool for first-time excursionists and experienced trekkers alike. Find your destination in the user-friendly city and town index, then navigate the country by the mapped road network showing motorways, highways and others roadways, labeled with distance markers. Other transportation aids include airports, airfields, railroads, border crossing and ferry routes, including the multiple routes across the English Channel and Mediterranean Sea.Hundreds of pinpointed diverse and unique recreational, ecological, cultural, and historic destinations, make this expertly researched map the perfect complement to National Geographic's France Traveler's Guide or any other guidebook to the area. Some of the specialized content includes archeological sites, churches, monasteries, castles and castle ruins and tens of World Heritage Sites that are scattered throughout the country. The map covers France in its entirety, the Channel Islands and southern U.K., the city of Mona...
- Brand: National Geographic Maps
- ASIN: 1566956048
- UPC: 749717000933
Toyota Kata: Managing People for Improvement, Adaptiveness and Superior Results
Toyota Kata: Managing People for Improvement, Adaptiveness and
"Toyota Kata gets to the essence of how Toyota manages continuous improvement and human ingenuity, through its improvement kata and coaching kata. Mike Rother explains why typical companies fail to understand the core of lean and make limited progress―and what it takes to make it a real part of your culture." ―Jeffrey K. Liker, bestselling author of The Toyota Way "[Toyota Kata is] one of the stepping stones that will usher in a new era of management thinking." ―The Systems Thinker "How any organization in any industry can progress from old-fashioned management by results to a strikingly different and better way."―James P. Womack, Chairman and Founder, Lean Enterprise Institute "Practicing the improvement kata is perhaps the best way we've found so far for actualizing PDCA in an organization."―John Shook, Chairman and CEO, Lean Enterprise Institute This game-changing book puts you behind the curtain at Toyota, providing new insight into the legendary automaker's management practices and offering practical guidance for leading and developing people in a way that makes the best use of their brainpower. Drawing on six years of research into Toyota's employee-management routines, Toyota Kata examines and elucidates, for the first time, the company's organizational routines-...
- Brand: McGraw-Hill
- ASIN: 0071635238
How to Turn $100 into $1,000,000: Earn! Save! Invest!
How to Turn $100 into $1,000,000: Earn! Save!
From the creators of Biz Kid$ and Bill Nye the Science Guy, here is a comprehensive guide for kids to the basics of earning, saving, spending, and investing money. Written in a humorous but informative voice that engages young readers, it’s the book that every parent who wants to raise financially savvy and unspoiled children should buy for their kids. It is packed with lively illustrations to make difficult concepts easy to understand—all as a way of building financial literacy, good decision-making, and the appreciation of a hard-earned dollar.
- Brand: Workman Publishing Company
- ASIN: 076118080X
Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page
Jimmy Page by Jimmy
Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page is the photographic autobiography and visual history of the world’s most iconic guitar player. With incredible attention to detail, Page has chosen hundreds of photographs representing significant moments in his career: from a schoolboy with a rock-a-billy quiff through his extensive work as a session musician; including The Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin, ARMS, The Firm, Outrider, Coverdale & Page and Page & Plant; playing with Roy Harper and The Black Crowes; collaborating with P. Diddy and performing with Leona Lewis at the closing ceremony of the 2008 Beijing Olympics.Both Genesis Publications and Jimmy Page have sifted through thousands of images representing the work of more than 70 photographers including some of the greatest names in rock photography Ross Halfin, Kate Simon, and Gered Mankowitz, to name but a few. Included are a mixture of iconic portraits, rare and unseen photographs from Jimmy’s archive along with visas, photos and stamps from his own passports.Page has officially put pen to paper about his career taking the form of extended captions, which describe and document pivotal moments and events making this book an historical document and a definitive visual record of a remarkable life of music.
- Brand: imusti
- ASIN: 1905662327
Keep Moving: And Other Tips and Truths About Aging
Keep Moving: And Other Tips and Truths About
Show-business legend Dick Van Dyke is living proof that life does get better the longer you live it. Who better to offer instruction, advice, and humor than someone who's entering his ninth decade with a jaunty two-step? Van Dyke isn't just a born song-and-dance man; his irrepressible belief in embracing the moment and unleashing his inner child has proved to be the ultimate elixir of youth. When he was injured during the filming of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, his doctor warned him he'd be using a walker within seven years, but Dick performed a soft shoe right there and never looked back.In Keep Moving, Dick Van Dyke offers his own playful anecdotes and advice, as well as insights from his brother, actor Jerry Van Dyke; his friend and creator of The Dick Van Dyke Show, Carl Reiner; and other spirited friends and family. Whether he's describing the pleasure he takes in his habitual visits to the grocery store; how he met his late-in-life-love Arlene; or how he sprung back, livelier than ever, from a near-death experience, Dick's optimistic outlook is an invigorating tonic for anyone who needs a reminder that life should be lived with enthusiasm despite what the calendar says.You don't have to act your age. You don't even have to feel it. And if it does attempt to elbow its way into...
- Brand: Weinstein Books
- ASIN: 1602862966
StreetSmart NYC Map by VanDam -- Laminated City Street Map of Manhattan, New York, in 9/11 National Freedom Edition - Folding pocket size city travel, sights, hotels & guided walks, 2019 Edition
StreetSmart NYC Map by VanDam -- Laminated City
VanDam's newly revised 2019 STREETSMART® NYC 9/11 Edition maps all top attractions including museums, major architecture, hotels, shopping destinations, the Memorial Museum grounds and the subway system for all of Manhattan at an immensely legible super-scale of 1:32,000 complete with 3-D building illustrations. Clear information design allows you to read the map from three feet away and has earned VanDam maps a place in the MoMA Collection. The map is film-laminated, accordion folded and pocket size. Coverage: Manhattan Street Map 1: 32,000 Lower Manhattan Detail Map: 1:8,000 Manhattan Subway Map Upper Manhattan Map 1: 33,000 Dimensions: 4 x 9 folded, 9 x 24 unfolded, fits into shirt pocket or purse. STREETSMART® NYC 9/11 is so legible you will instantly understand how The City connects to all its parts. From God's perspective to the most minute details. For example: you are looking to hike from the Conrad Hotel to Castle Clinton, searching for elevator access on the High Line, meeting friends at the Hudson theater in Times Square, maneuvering the shifting grid of the West Village, shopping the Meat Market, trekking to Hamilton Terrace in Harlem, looking for the uptown exit from the FDR Drive onto the Brooklyn Bridge or just wanting to understand how the subway connects wit...
- ASIN: 1934395986
- UPC: 644736959869
Buying National Security: How America Plans and Pays for Its Global Role and Safety at Home
Buying National Security: How America Plans and Pays
The tools of American statecraft—defense, diplomacy, foreign and security assistance, homeland security and intelligence—are rarely examined together. Adams and Williams fill this gap by examining how these tools work, how they are planned for, and how they are budgeted. Seeing policy through the lens of the budget can help decision makers and ordinary citizens discern the genuine priorities of national leaders from the oftentimes illusory ones portrayed in rhetoric. Simply put, policies and strategies cannot be carried out without a corresponding allocation of resources. Buying National Security weaves a tapestry around the institutions, organizations, tools, and processes that support planning and resource allocation across the breadth of the American national security enterprise. The authors analyze the planning and resource integration activities across agencies of the Executive branch as well as examine the structure and processes the Congress uses to carry out its national security oversight and budgetary responsibilities. Finally, they review the adequacy of the current structures and process and evaluate proposals for ways both might be reformed to fit the demands of the 21st century security environment.
- ASIN: B00332KM8C
RMC Classic United States USA and World Wall Map Set (Laminated)
RMC Classic United States USA and World Wall
Completely updated and redesigned, RMC of FL's Classic World and United States wall maps series feature eye-catching bold and vivid colors complemented with rich parchement/antique vintage tones that make this the perfect reference piece sure to stand-out and highlight any home or business walls. The precise detail and digital accuracy shows color-matching relief and other physical features without sacrificing the maps readability. Now printed on high-quality 80 lb. paper with enhanced packaging. WORLD FEATURES: Map centered on Africa allowing viewers to see continents complete and intact, Clearly labeled country and city names for easy location, Latitude and longitude indications USA FEATURES: Color-matching relief to show mountain ranges and other elevation changes, Clearly labeled state and city names for easy location, State capitals and National Parks labeled on the map, Time zone indications, Albers projection for even representation of the country. These RMC Series Wall Maps serve not only as a handy reference piece, but as an eye-catching accent for any room or office. These maps look incredible framed, too! This is a two map set - each map is 50" x 32" inches. Only the best from the Swiftmaps line-up of quality wall maps!!
- Color: Classic Edition
- Brand: Swiftmaps
- ASIN: B01D1T9NP4
- UPC: 095474127025
You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?!: The Classic Self-Help Book for Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder
You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?!:
With over a quarter million copies in print, You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?! is one of the bestselling books on attention deficit disorder (ADD) ever written. There is a great deal of literature about children with ADD. But what do you do if you have ADD and aren't a child anymore? This indispensable reference -- the first of its kind written for adults with ADD by adults with ADD -- focuses on the experiences of adults, offering updated information, practical how-tos and moral support to help readers deal with ADD. It also explains the diagnostic process that distinguishes ADD symptoms from normal lapses in memory, lack of concentration or impulsive behavior. Here's what's new: The new medications and their effectiveness The effects of ADD on human sexuality The differences between male and female ADD -- including falling estrogen levels and its impact on cognitive functionThe power of meditationHow to move forward with coaching And the book still includes advice about: Achieving balance by analyzing one's strengths and weaknesses Getting along in groups, at work and in intimate and family relationships -- including how to decrease discord and chaosLearning the mechanics and methods for getting organized and improving memory Seeking professional help, including thera...
- Brand: Scribner
- ASIN: 0743264487